Armour Group Limited
1. Intellectual Property And Permitted Use
Armour Group Limited (AGL) is the owner or authorized user of all intellectual property rights on the Website and all content displayed on the Website. All information on the Website is protected under the copyright laws and other intellectual property laws of Canada and other countries. You may display on your computer, download and print pages of the Website, provided: (i) the words “© copyright Armour Group Limited.” appears on all material that is so printed; (ii) the information will not be altered in any manner; and (iii) your use of such pages is only for personal and non-commercial use. Other than in accordance with the foregoing, no one has permission to copy, redistribute, reproduce or republish in any form, any content displayed at the Website.
a. All trademarks, logos, wordmarks and service marks (the "Trademarks") displayed on the Website are registered and unregistered trademarks owned or under license by AGL and others, and may not be used by you in any way without the express written permission of AGL.
2. User Contributions to Website
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Website any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, hateful, malicious or other material that would violate any applicable law, or otherwise be in violation of the intellectual property rights of AGL and others.
3. AGL welcomes ideas and/or suggestions for improvements or additions to the Website, all of which will be subject to the Terms. Any and all ideas, suggestions and/or submissions forwarded or disclosed by you or on your behalf to AGL are made with the specific understanding that: (a) same will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality or expectation of compensation, (b) any and all rights that you may have in such ideas, suggestions and/or submissions are absolutely waived, (c) you represent and warrant to AGL that such ideas, suggestions and/or submissions are wholly original with you, that no one else has any rights in and to same, and (d) AGL is free to implement the ideas, suggestions and/or submissions as it may from time to time desire, without obtaining permission or license from any third party.
4. E-mail Messages and Security
5. Availability of Service
The services provided on the Website may be limited or discontinued at any time by AGL at its discretion and without notice.
6. External Links
The Website may provide links to third party websites, and some of the content appearing on the Website may be supplied by third parties by way of framing, metatagging, or otherwise linking to other websites. AGL shall not be responsible for any such content or information, nor shall it be liable for any damages incurred from viewing such linked websites, including without limitation, damages caused by computer viruses, Trojan horses or other intrusive, destructive or disruptive codes which may be downloaded from such linked websites. AGL does not endorse any such linked website. If you have any concerns in visiting any particular website that is linked to the Website, please contact AGL at 902-422-4424 and AGL will determine, in its discretion, if the link should be removed from the Website. You may not provide a link to the Website without the express written permission of AGL.
7. Product Endorsement
Any references on the Website to products, services or publications, other than services of AGL, do not represent, warrant or imply the endorsement or approval of such products, services or publications by AGL.
8. Accuracy of Information
Although reasonable care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information on the Website, all Website content is provided on an ‘as is’ basis, without any warranties of any kind, express or implied. Please note that all information illustrations and material of every kind utilized and/or referred to on the Website may be subject to one or more changes being made or implemented with respect thereto from time to time (whether significant or otherwise), without any notice thereof being given to anyone visiting or accessing the Website or otherwise, and without any liability being incurred by AGL thereby with respect to any such information, illustrations, material, utilization of the website, or otherwise.
9. Content on the Website is for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide specific legal, financial or other advice, and should accordingly not be relied upon in that regard.
10. No Liability of AGL
In no event will AGL and/or any of the directors, officers, shareholders, employees or agents of AGL be liable for any damages or injury of any kind whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages resulting from lost profits, loss of prospective economic advantage, lost data or business interruption) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website, or the content or any material contained on any or all such websites, whether any claim or demand is based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not AGL or anyone else is advised of the possibility of such damages or injury nor shall AGL be liable for any claim or demand by another party/or parties in any case or any event, for any cause or reason whatsoever.
11. AGL does not warrant or make any representations or claims as to the quality, accuracy, currency or otherwise of any information contained on our Site or any sites linked to it. Any decision or action taken based on information contained in our Site or any sites linked to it are the sole responsibility of the user. AGL will not be liable for any claim or damage arising out of interpretation, reliance upon or other use of the information.
12. Use of Term "AGL"
Reference in any content or material contained on the Website of any service provided by AGL or solicited by AGL shall mean only services of AGL. Users of the Website who are interested in any products or services mentioned other than those of AGL, are responsible for inquiring as to the correct legal identity of the actual party providing or soliciting such products or services. AGL shall not be responsible for any losses, expenses, claims, demands, causes or causes of action in connection with any such products and/or services.
13. Responding to Employment or Contract Postings
Employment and contract postings may be posted periodically on the Website for information purposes only and to invite prospective employees, trades or product or service vendors to apply for an employment position or submit information to AGL concerning their respective qualifications and/or products or services offered by them. Postings are not, in any way, to be construed as offers of employment or products, services and/or contract offers. AGL shall have no obligation to respond to any employment or products, services and/or contract offers submitted through the Website or to respond to information submitted through the Website pertaining to products or services offered to or by AGL. Postings may be removed or withdrawn without notice. In no event shall AGL be responsible for any inability to submit information pursuant to such postings, products, services and/or
If any provision of the Terms shall be unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason, then any such provision shall be deemed severable to the extent that it is unlawful, void or unenforceable, but shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
15. Governing Law
The Terms are governed by the laws of the Province of Nova Scotia and the laws of Canada applicable therein without reference to the principles of conflicts of laws thereof.
ARMOUR GROUP LIMITED
HOW AND WHEN ARMOUR GROUP LIMITED COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. AGL collects personal information in the following situations:
o This information is collected from all tenants in order to meet its property management obligations. This information is collected through registration forms, questionnaires and transaction documents. Personal information includes contact information (for example, name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number), demographic information, household information, emergency contact, vehicle information and financial information.
o Providing your Social Insurance Number is optional. Please note however that most credit reporting agencies use the Social Insurance Number as a unique identifier to ensure proper identification when conducting credit reviews and preparing credit reports. If you do not wish to provide your Social Insurance Number, our ability to obtain a timely and accurate credit report may be affected, hence affecting our ability to complete the contemplated transaction in a timely manner
To be included at the bottom of the online application form:
I certify all statements on this form are true.
I understand that a credit check may be done based upon this information.
I give Armour Group Limited permission to contact and exchange information from landlords and employers
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY AGL
2. AGL uses personal information that it collects for the following:
o To communicate with individuals;
o To understand individual needs and preferences;
o To process invoices and payments by credit card, debit systems or other billing and payment options;
to arrange appropriate financing or leasing arrangements;
o to provide you with payment and other reminders and notices in relation to your property or premises; and
o to provide you with updates and information regarding services and opportunities offered by AGL and affiliated companies which may be of interest to you (but only your name, address and telephone number will be used for this purpose).
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY AGL
3. AGL does not sell, rent or trade personal information that it collects. AGL will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
o When AGL has received consent to do so or under limited circumstances specifically described at such time as personal information is collected;
o When AGL, in good faith, believes the law permits or requires such disclosure;
o In the event that management of a particular property is transferred to another management company, AGL may disclose personal information of owners and tenants of such property to such management company;
o In the event of the sale of AGL, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY AGL
4. At such time as personal information is no longer required for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or other statutory requirements, such personal information will be made anonymous or destroyed.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF NON-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
5. AGL may collect and use Non-Identifiable Information to assess the effectiveness of web site content and traffic. This allows AGL to improve the quality of visits to web sites managed by it by streamlining visitors’ ability to navigate these sites and developing featured programs and content that will be of interest to visitors.
6. AGL may also use aggregate non-identifiable information it collects to inform its current and prospective sponsors and advertisers about the number of visits to its web sites, the demographic characteristics of these visitors and the number of times visitors have viewed and "clicked" on their advertisement(s). AGL also discloses to advertisers the overall demographics available regarding visitors who "clicked" on their advertisement. Aggregate non-identifiable information may be used to describe AGL services and products to third parties such as prospective business partners and financial institutions. In any of these circumstances, only non-identifiable information in an aggregate form and not personal information is disclosed.
WEB SITES OPERATED BY THIRD PARTIES
7. Web sites operated by AGL may contain links to other web sites that may collect personal information. This Statement does not extend to the data collection, disclosure, use and retention practices of such third parties and AGL does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of such third parties. Individuals should read the privacy policies of such third parties, and make an informed decision whether or not to visit such web sites and/or provide personal information to such third parties based upon their privacy practices and individual discretion.
SAFEGUARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
8. AGL has taken measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information as are appropriate in the circumstances. Personal information is stored in confidential databases and locations in the Halifax Regional Municipality. These sites have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under the care and control of AGL. Any information transmitted via the Internet, however, may be intercepted by third parties. AGL does not assume any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet. AGL employees are restricted from using and disclosing personal information collected by AGL other than in accordance with this Statement.
ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. Individuals have the right to access, verify and correct or amend all of their personal information collected by AGL, on behalf of our clients. AGL believes that it is imperative that personal information be as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Accordingly, to help AGL keep personal information as current as possible, AGL encourages individuals to amend inaccuracies and make corrections in their personal information collected by AGL, on behalf of our clients, as often as necessary.
HOW TO FILE A COMPLAINT
10. To file a complaint with AGL concerning the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information, please call the Privacy Officer at AGL at (902)422-4424 All complaints will be investigated by the AGL Privacy Officer as soon as is practical in the circumstances. Individuals will be notified of the outcome of the investigation of complaints clearly and promptly and will be notified of any relevant steps taken or to be taken as a result of a complaint.
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
11. Any comments or questions about this Statement, should be addressed to AGL as follows:
Armour Group Limited
1701 Hollis Street
Halifax, NS B3J 3M8
EFFECTIVE DATE OF STATEMENT
12. This Statement has been adopted by AGL as of December 1, 2007. Revisions to the Statement will be posted on this web site as soon as practical.
Please be aware that access may not be provided to certain information in accordance with PIPEDA, including information which is protected by lawyer-client privilege, constitutes confidential third party or commercial information, was collected in respect of the investigation of a breach of an agreement or of law, or is generated in respect of dispute resolution.